SamanthatheBookworm

SamanthatheBookworm

Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1) - Marissa Meyer Originally at The Secret Life of a Bookworm

Cyborg Cinderella was basically the main reason I picked this book up because HOW AWESOME IS THAT! CYBORG CINDERELLA! I think I now love books about robots, they're awesome! (especially Cinder).

Cinder is a mechanic (the best mechanic in New Beijing) and she lives with her step-mother and her two step-sisters. However, instead of both of her step-sisters hating her, Cinder is very close to one of them - Peony. Even though Cinder was a cyborg, she still experienced emotions. The only thing she couldn't do was cry. I loved Cinder! She was just like a normal teenage girl, although she was part cyborg. She was funny, caring, lovable and just amazing. I adored finding out about Cinder and everything she could do because she was a cyborg. Her cyborg wiring came in extremely helpful a lot of the time. It was especially helpful at hiding something.

Prince Kai *sigh*, I think I'm in love. Prince Kai is one of the sweetest guys ever. After what happened to his dad I felt to bad for him because he then had to deal with the bitch queen from Lunar (the moon). He was so invested on helping his people, helping the world that he was willing to do everything he possibly could to save them. Even if it meant endangering himself. He was so selfless and caring. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for him and Cinder.

I loved Peony so much! Even though we didn't really get to see a lot of her, I still loved her. She accepted Cinder and treated her like a sister, and I just loved seeing them together. They had such a lovely relationship.

The big twist involving Cinder didn't come as a surprise for me, I guessed it about 4 chapters in so that kind of ruined the ending slightly for me. It just seemed so obvious to me! The story line about the plague was heartbreaking and also very interesting. I was intrigued to find out where it had came from and why no one was able to find a cure. And then we found out and I was like, of course! That's why! It was probably released on purpose, so that the population of Earth would decline and lots of people would be unhealthy. Queen Levana is a woman I wouldn't trust with anything. She was such a horrible woman. If she gets her claws into Prince Kai, I think I'll probably die because I just couldn't deal with that. I doubt we've seen even half of what she's capable of. But I can't wait to see her face when she finds out about Cinder!

Overall, I really enjoyed this book! I'm looking forward to seeing what Cinder is going to do in the next book, hopefully Kai will come around and I'm interested to see what Levana is going to do now. I'll definitely be getting my hands on Scarlet soon!